Sunday, September 28, 2008

July,August and September happenings

Hello again from Tucuman, Argentina. It's been awhile since I've posted. Maybe you've noticed. :-) Since I wrote last I've reached the 50 year mark and passed it by a week or so. :-) I'll attach a few pictures in another post. We continue on with life and ministry here as we prepare to travel to the US in November for some time with family. I guess it's officially called "family leave".

In August Ben traveled from Indiana to visit us for about 10 days or so. It was great to have him here! He was here for Andrea's 16th birthday celebration. I can post a picture of that too. :-)

We "chat" online with Beth about once a week. She is happily involved with her Peace Corps work in North Africa. She's fitting right in with the people in the small town where she lives. Soon she will begin to teach some health education workshops at the local school.

This weekend Dick is visiting the distance seminary students in the Provinces of Salta and Jujuy. He also made a stop in Bolivia on this trip to visit an Argentine couple who are missionaries there. He's also been busy as part of the pastoral team at the Zona Oeste church, helping organize the leadership team, preaching, pastoral counseling and helping with a few construction projects at church.

Since I've written last I've started a new treatment for psoriatic spondylitic arthritis. Hopefully I'll be feeling better really soon! After 10 years of going to doctors and having them say they suspect I have MS it's finally very clear on the xrays that I have a spondylitic type of arthritis which includes the spinal column, tendons and joints. It's an autoimmune disease that has some of the characteristics of MS. I'd sure appreciate your prayers as I continue the injection treatment, physical therapy and exercise program. Thank you!

Well I'll end here and post a few pictures. Thank you to all of you who keep in touch via email!

No comments: