Back in Argentina-February,March,April news :-)
Hello again, this time from Argentina! The third week of February Dick, Andrea and I traveled back to Tucuman and have been settling back into life and ministry here. We returned to Argentina at the end of summer in the Southern Hemisphere and are now busy with fall activities.
Family news- Ben continues his Junior year at Taylor and planning to work in the US this summer. In March Beth traveled to North Africa to begin her training with the Peace Corps. Right now our family is spread over three continents and when Dick travels to Bolivia, our family is in four different countries at the same time. It's quite a change for us as parents to have a daughter across the ocean for two years. Hopefully we can visit her sometime. We're thankful for internet phone calls, and online chat. :-) Another big change this year is that Andrea has begun her 10th grade studies at home via the University of Nebraska highschool program. She keeps up with friends that she went to school with here in Tucuman and is actively involved in youth group and helping teach a kindergarten Sunday School class.
Ministry news- Dick has begun his travels to visit his distance seminary students and his role as one of the four pastors at the Zona Oeste church. I've been helping with various ladies' activities here in Tucuman and helping with the planning of an interpersonal skills workshop in Montevideo, Uruguay in July.
I'll see if I can post a few pictures from the church retreat that was held the first weekend in March. Dick celebrated his 50th birthday during the retreat with a cookout for 60 people. We ate lots of great Argentine beef. :-)
We look forward to hearing from you. I hope to post more often now that we are back into our "normal" routine here.
Bye for now!
Lori
No comments:
Post a Comment