July-Independence,Winter Break, Conference
Wow, I haven't posted for a couple of weeks. That's amazing. Since I've written last Argentina won the game that I wrote about last but lost to Germany. Germany lost their semi finals game and Italy won the World Cup yesterday (Sunday). Quite a few Argentines were happy that Italy won even though they very disappointed that Argentina didn't reach the semi final or the final.
Yesterday, July 9, was Independence Day here. We had a rather quiet Independence Day but did watch the final World Cup match.
Ben had his 19th birthday on July 8. Happy Birthday again Ben!
Andrea's two week winter break started this past weekend. :-)
Beth is studying hard and will be going to the beach in South Carolina with my mom later this month.
Since I wrote last Dick traveled for four days to visit some of the distance seminary students. Brandon and Wizzy Heersink traveled with him and had a great time.
Next week I travel to Salta with some other ladies from here to the Mujeres en Misiones Mundiales conference. I'm speaking at the conference on Thursday, July 20, about how to help missionaries who are going through a crisis time. The conference is for latin missionaries and churches that are interested in missions.
I'll look for some interesting pictures that we've taken lately and post them soon. :-) If you're reading this blog please let me know. We'd love to hear from you. Bye for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment